Thursday, April 16, 2015

Ipsy April 2015 Beautifully Bohemian



JulieG 

Nailcolor in Damsel (mid-tone pink crème)

This is full size. Buy it here.
$3.99 
 
It's a pretty color, I'm just a little meh about a nail polish. It's a similar color to my one Butter London polish in Snog. Pending review, I may use this over the weekend. My work does not allow me to use polish, so it's very sparing I can paint my nails now. That's depression and I am sure that I would have been more excited had that not been the case. 
 

Pandora's Makeup Box

Pink Carnation Blush (peachy pink)

This is full size. Buy it here.
$14
 
 
For real, this is one of the most beautiful blushes I probably own. Described as a peachy pink, I would actually say it's more of a dusty peach mauve. Then again, I could just be talking out of my rear. There is no shimmer, leaving it somewhat matte. The saturated swatch shows a nicely pigmented blush, which blends out beautifully. At least until I get the hang of it, I would exercise caution as it is color rich. 
 
This is a pot housed in a plastic doodad. It does close, therefore you can travel with it. Although I am disappointed that I failed to scrutinize the photo closely. The cardboard box it comes with is essentially a throwaway. The magnetic box shown on the website is an additional $4 to purchase. Still it's nice, if you bought from them you can choose to buy three blush pans and only have one compact. That reduces waste and some folks may elect to just toss these in their ZPalette and forsake the cardboard compact anyways. They're nice enough blushes, it's something I would look into.

theBalm Cosmetics

NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single in Fit (shimmering copper)

This is a sample size at .035 oz. Buy the full palette here.
~$3

While the color is very redundant to my collection, it is certainly gorgeous. I had hoped for the other one, but alas this will do. It is in a small magnetic compact, which is pretty fancy for a single. Inside features a preview of the full sized palette.

Texture wise it's smooth and buttery, reaching full color with little effort. Absolutely gorgeous and will be nice to work on my eyeballs with.
 

Mullein & Sparrow 

Mini Lip & Cheek Tint

This is technically full size at 0.25 oz, as it's in a duo. Buy it here.
$10

Simple ingredients. Sweet orange scent. Cocoa butter also makes up the majority of notes in this. It's slippery in texture and does give the implied dewy finish. I almost doubted the efficacy of the color delivery, as it was almost invisible.

As a lip balm, it's hydrating and feels nice, but it is very slippery. Oil heavy I suppose. It feels nice, but provides my lips absolutely no color. On the cheeks it takes a lot of building, but it's a great natural flush. I have yet to test it's longevity, but so far I like it. It's balm properties allow it to soak into your cheeks after some time eliminating some of the extra dewiness.

Overall, it's nice sized and a nice tools free addition to my purse. Some days you don't have the means to pack a blush and this will give you a little something, as well as healing lips from the salty french fries and the day of biting your lip because it was too busy at work and you were getting slammed. 

Mica Beauty 

Eye Primer

This is half sized at 4g. Buy it here.
$22.50
 
I do not have much to compare this to, but I have heard a parallel made between the MAC painterly pots? Maybe? There is a controversy surrounding this. As the nature of the container, there are divots and holes in the product. Mold or bacteria is always a concern, as the product itself can easily resemble agar. Ipsy has since emailed all recipients of the product claiming that it passed a microbiology test. I am sure that means they swabbed the suspect spots and grew it on a plate, then staining it. If that's the case then it's only hysteria perpetuating the "OMG. IPSY IS CREEPING ME OUT."
 
Full disclosure, my product had one speck. It has a green cast, but as Ipsy said it is from condensation making the indents. My product appears to have that affliction. Examining it with just my eyes, there is no colonial morphology. It does not resemble a crateriform colony and has no substance outside of the product itself being pushed in a perfect circle. My product at least seems completely safe.
 
I can not speak to the product itself yet, except that it's a thick primer creamy wax, which reminds me of Benefit's PoreFessional.  

The Bag.

I am incredibly foggy on the definition of Bohemian. I have a certain look in my head when I picture the word, and I know it's not a style I would wear. Barefeet or sandals from Jesus' time seem to be the footwear of choice, alone with earth tone dresses and braided headbands, and huge earrings. Maybe I am wrong about that stereotype. Still I can only vaguely piece this bag to that image. For all I know, the bag is a perfect representation of Bohemianism. Eitherway, it's larger than previous bags marginally. It's woven hempy-something fiber with some surprisingly non-garrish colors woven through that. It's pretty dang cute. As far as it's slightly larger size, I think this will make a better colored pencil case than my August Ipsy bag.

So my bag's value came in at a very decent $53.50. Price tag isn't everything of course, but it's nice to see that my $10 is going to things I would have less access to with a sampling approved price.

The contents are not as exciting, as say getting the Too Faced Melted would have been, but I am thankful to try the cheek tint and that perfect blush. Also primers are welcome, and metal-inspired eyeshadow is always a soft spot (even though I probably have ninety with that color..heeeh.)

It was a good month. Let's just hope that May brings me something I flip out over.

No comments:

Post a Comment