Monday, April 6, 2015

Ipsy April bag impressions.

JulieG Nail Color.

Balls. Totally don't want this. Cheap $3.99 nail polish versus a $25 Elizabeth Arden lipstick or $22 Too Faced Melted... wow. Totally balanced.

Pandora's Thing Pink Carnation

This looks to be full size, and it's a refillable cardboard palette. Looks adorable, and I will always take a pressed powder blush. This is okay. $14 full size.

The Balm Nude Dude single eyeshadow.

A little lame becauses it's one random shade. I saw a complaint that it should have at least been a duo. Had it been, it would have been completely okay even if it was the same side split in half. This is not going to be very indicative of the formula. I'm not too excited about this because it's a nuetral eyeshadow. Cool. They exist repeatedly in my collection. Still, it's alright I suppose. I super hope for Flirty, because it's a darker shade.
At .035 oz this is worth about $3, as the pan is rougly the same size as the pans in the palette.

Mica Beauty Eye Primer.

This is pretty exciting. The full size is an 8 g pot of primer valued at nearly $45. First WHAT. Why? Is it laced with skin cells of a unicorn? Better be. The pot Ipsy is sending is about half that, so roughly $22.50. Price means little if it's not quality, so lets hope it's great.  The truly cool thing is that my UD Primer potion is starting to run low. I still have a few other prestige type eye primers, but eventually they're going to run out.

Mullein & Sparrow Mini Lip & Cheek Tint

My first impression was that of "Why do I have two blushes?". I love blush, as stated, but two in one bag? The product itself though is beautiful and resembles something from an apothecary. For that I do not even care if it's a repeat. It's perfect because of what it looks like. On the website this is only available in a duo set valued at $20. So this is a $10 product, but the website has a high price point. It's beautiful and has pretty basic ingredients. Maybe this is my most anticipated product.


Overall, like most people I have a miffed attitude about not receiving a lip product. I especially wanted a Too Faced lip-guy, but hey. It's on my "to try" list, and it will still be there. I can still buy it easily at Ulta, whereas it is harder to come by something like the Cheek tint or the Mica Beauty things (do they even sell that at Ulta??)

My bag will have a value of about $53.50. That's fairly high compared to recent. Lets just hope it's all good stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment