Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day 3 of NaNoWriMo

It is NaNoWriMo month again! My week prior has involved many attempts to plan for an easy month, instead though I yet again fall into a "Pantser" status. Despite my heavy thinking and timeline-ing, I sit here wondering how I am going to connect all the dots in my story.

I thought I was being a planner this month. It was sitting down to write the first day that alerted me to the fact, that I rarely plan everything. I had a neat morning after Halloween. My nephew was just picked up after I took him Trick-or-Treating in the rain and playing Halo 5 until 4AM. Flash to being at work. I manned the phones at the funeral home, armed with a classy, black, boat neck dress, and my purse-sized notepad and a fine pointed BIC pen (my favorite kind of pen). I waffled back and forth to the bathroom, having downed and refilled my water bottle three times. The wind blew leaves in such a manner that they crinkled in the carport. Fall debris clattered ontop the roof. Despite the day being mid-60's and beautifully blue, I let my mind decide that I was in a funeral home on Día de los Muertos and that I should be distracted by that.

Even me writing this is proof enough how easy I am getting distracted from my writing. Part of me is feeling that a nice outline could cure this. Another part of me recognizes that, much like in the past week, my efforts of creating a timeline are fruitless.

I can get pretty long winded, but I guess my aim is to say that I need to buckle down and get myself a plan to conquer this month. I'm already floundering quite a bit.

Perhaps I will use this blog this month to document my month of NaNo. Maybe even some cosmetic gushings. Who can say. Either way, I need to get my cocoa on this month and utilize my bay window as a writing space. It would be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment