Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rants are subpar to Happies

Honestly, i do not like to go on them. It only proves to work me up and leave me upset and dissatisfied. Happiness is my favorite flavor. 

So ending a quick rant on rants, how about some things that are great. 

My dog. 
And my current youngest nephew (soon to be a middle nephew in September. Yee!)

This is Dallas. He is a two year old Shetland Sheepdog and is smart as a whip, neurotic, and a loud complaining dog. Dallas also responds to Pingo, and if he enjoys mashing his toys against your legs (sometimes with his flying disk, he accidentally noms a leg). Pingot is also a cuddle monster who will lay down on your feet while you do dishes. He is obedient and wonderful. 
The best part of Dallas is that he is always smiling!!

Enter Nightshade. 
(Or "Nightshade Pumpkin Fishbone"/Chubbs)
Another sheltie, but the BiBlack variation, Nightshade is near impossible to photograph. 

As far as sheltie averages go, Nightshade exceeded the charts at an early age. He is gigantic and reduces Dallas to Pygmy size. Shade is our baby and retained his floppy ears naturally. 

His personality manifested as a complete foil to Dallas within a week. Every action he takes is peppered with laziness and a drawl, even down to running goofy. Nightshade is sweet natured and a quick learner, following after Dallas example. 

He is my shadow and another cuddle monster. Also his somewhat dumb nature is endearing.

Those are the Pingoes. 
If ever you see me refer to a "Pingo" it is either Dallas specifically; a Shetland sheepdog; herding dog (Rough collies are always "big pingoes"); by extension dogs in general, or whatever animal is cute; or what Andrew has decided to call me this month for laughs. 


He also calls me Pumpkinhead. That and Darling make me melt. 

Andrew the neimgromp. 
Made up words regularly surface in our dialogue. Like Gibbles who gib. 
We enjoy singing dramatically in the car and laughing all day. 

Drawing and writing. 
I would love to be a Renaissance man... Err... Drawing, painting, sculpting, writing, singing like Bonnie Tyler (refined, classic music of course), and my affinity for being obnoxious and sitting on furnitures stupidly. 

Example. 
Spine where the glutes go. Terrible terrible and I know why my dog is so lazy. He gets his sloth from me. 

But, I really like to draw and have enjoyed doing it for the past decade. I can now draw decent cartoon dogs. Wow. 

Mountains of things in the world give me happiness, but these are just a few of them. 
I love happiness! And I would love to make more posts like this, just to keep the positivity flowing, as I could sure use it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment