Friday, August 22, 2014

Rebecca has left the building.

What a fluttering of a month. One reason or another led me to make nearly zero posts.

A specific reason I can name is a pretty awesome one!!

Trade the itsy bitsy one bedroom apartment for a gigando 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath Victorian totally loaded up on space. We can park four cars directly in front of our side door (better than wiggling around a building with a 30# bag of dog food and the rest of your groceries). Full kitchen. Seperate spacious dining room. A parlor and a living room. Plus shrubberies.

Even with our pups being confined to the first floor, their roaming space has quadrupled. Additionally, the non-carpeted flooring is amazing when it comes to working with a puppy and a full grown dog who lately decided his trigger will be on carpet. Not that that matters, as the solid week we have been here only yieled one accident from Dallas and twice from Nightshade. Dallas is more well adjusted than his baby brother, but if there is a dude walking around loud outside he was too distracted to finish business. Plus I think the walking fellah was inebriated, which sent me back in quicker too. That accident was our fault. Nightshade on the other hand was a little stressed and had stress diarrhea, but only before day 3. Both have taken to the new place like gems!

Not without it's hiccups though, this has been an excellent relocation. Firstly as a clueless young couple, we had no idea the gas was separate from our electric company. That means no oven and no hot showers for a few days. At this very moment I am awaiting the gas man so I can finish up my dishes and can my tomatoes. Our dryer is electric, and we need to install an outlet suitable. And as beautiful as the entire house is, the previous owners left the larger bathroom nearly untouched. The floor is frightful (but there is a nice faucet in the shower and a nice mirror with a beautiful light fixture.) We definitely have a construction project right there, but aside from that the building inspector gave us a glowing report. He even complimented my use of Halloween decoration and mine and Andrew's dragonbone helmet project sitting on our desk.

I have been attempting to record a few practice videos for my YouTube channel. Best way to connect with a pal, is to get in on what they love.  One video I would like to make is a house tour video, as I am just that excited.

Lastly, posts have been scarce largely due just not shopping much. I killed it at Ulta near the close of July, and had to let my allowance recover. Now that it has, I am taking stock of my makeup and really, I do not know if I will need anything anytime soon. Maybe my allowance can just go towards markers?

Text heavy post will end it's transition soon.

Have yourselves a wonderful night and I am going to genuinely attempt to make my blogging far more positive and less cynical.
Let's end this with Nightshade in his new bedroom (parlor)

No comments:

Post a Comment