Monday, November 3, 2014

NYX Infinite Shadow Stick

A while ago, I mentioned briefly how terrible I thought th Ulta shadow crayon was. It required a touchup halfway throw the day from it's creasing. It was faint despite being black, and it felt greasy. It was just hard to work with.

Always I have heard of the NYX shadow crayons, particularly the white color milk. It creased on some and not on others. I believe it was recent that NYX came out with the updated Infinite version. Largely the same, scribbling on my hand this one smudges less than the original. 

That's what I picked up during the last 40% off sale at Ulta, instead of grabbing yet another lipstick. Aah help. The only shade I bought was black. Frankly, I miss wearing black eyeshadow every day. I've traded that in for nuetrals and occasional apricots. 

So black it is! In my tests I tried to use the Bare Minerals 5-in-1 in Divine wine, then Infinite shadow stick, topped with Lorac's black eyeshadow from the Pro Palette. It got me through my day, but creased around hour six. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture this day. 

The next test involved Bare Minerals Prime Time eye shadow primer, with the shadow stick and topped with Lorac's black and sable smudged into the crease. Also from the Pro palette. This was applied about 7 in the morning, and somewhere around Midnight, the color was crisp as ever with nary a crease. Ding ding!
Morning photo. 
And dangit, I never photographed the late night photo. But scouts honor, it looked no different than the above photo. 
Heck, I fell asleep with it on and it's still there. Shame on me for that, but the shadow rocks. 

The final test involves the shadow stick as a base and primer alone, topped with black eyeshadow. I am unwilling to try it by itself because it tugs and does not yield to smudging. I assume it will look rough and patchy without the crucial eyeshadow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment