Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ipsy December 2014 - Thinking of You

All things considered, this bag is pretty great in the harvest. These are the most narrow selections I've seen since joining back in March. Still, I feel like I got the best of the options. 

Beauty Without Cruelty
A.H.A. 3% Facial Cleanser
http://www.beautywithoutcruelty.com/aromatherapy-skin-care/aromatherapy-skin-care-aha-facial-cleanser-8-5-oz.html
Full Size $11.95
2 fl oz/8.5 fl oz
Adjusted price $2.81

I have never heard of the brand, but their name sounds more like a slogan or a creed rather than a name. It's cheesy. 

Either way yes on the cleanser! I don't know what alpha hydroxy acids are, but this product does have aloe vera. That's familiar. This is kind of exciting for me, as I have been looking (more or less stagnant waiting for one to get stuck in my spiderweb, as opposed to active seeking) for a cleanser. 

This works well and with it I am pleased. So far the bottle has more than lasted for two months. 


Cailyn Cosmetics
Just Mineral Eye Polish
http://www.cailyncosmetics.com/EYE/JUST-MINERAL-EYE-POLISH?product_id=564
Full size $15

The website makes this product look amazing. The shade is very lovely, but not exactly an Orchid to me. Still is a lilac tinted nude. Cailyn has a penchant for interesting containers, and I feel like this is going to be lovely. Cannot wait to try it!

Makes for a beautiful look. I enjoy. 

NYX Cosmetics
Butter Lip Balm 
http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-214-butter-lip-balm.aspx
Full size $4

As a lover of butter gloss and butter lipstick from NYX this is very welcome. This is one that everyone received, reminiscent of the lip cream from NYX everyone got in their Dec 11 bag. 

I am super hopeful to get really either color, but more hopeful towards mauve or the blueish pink. 

I got marshmallow. It was nice and had. Nice flavor/scent. It was boring, but had a nice light nude that went with my skin. I speak in past tense, because three days after receiving it my dogs fished it out of my purse and decimated it. 

Sexy Hair
450* Blow Out Heat Defense Blow Dry Spray Mini
https://www.sexyhair.com/p/style-sexy-hair/450-blow-out
Full size $18.95
1.7 fl oz/4.2 fl oz
Adjusted price $7.67

Of the hair products I could have received, I dodged a bullet. Blow outs were recently featured on a Maskcara tutorial that actually prickled on my interest radar. While yes, I still have last months hair spray, this one kind of made me happy. Maybe I can try a blowout with my scraggle hair. 

Ended up just using this to supplement a birthday gift for my sister. 
Tarte
Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara
http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-lights-camera-lashes-mascara
Full size $20
0.10 fl oz/0.24 fl oz
Adjusted price $8.33

4-in-1 is a funny title. I do not see different benefits with mascara. Good mascara is black, and makes my lashes look like Perversion or They're Real. 1-in-1 would be like "Hey, does this mascara work or no?" Now Tarte is known for their fancy-scmancy natural things like the Amazonian clay. This one promises to nourish and condition your lashes by 330%. That is a lofty goal that hey, maybe it will deliver. I'll tell you when I open it up in March. 

Everyone got one of these, as sort of a throwback to the first bag. I already have a mini of this, which I have not used. But trust me when I say that this is next after I finish Lash Domination and my understate Almay One Coat Thickening. I always love mascara samples, as the size is more appropriate to use during a 2 month span without much waste. 
Price wise this is almost the value of the bag and a hair more expensive than the Maybelliene I regularly purchased prior to this year. 

This can be a bit flaky if you apply too much, but it really gives a beautiful lash. Almost up there with Perversion I would say this is my third favorite mascara. 

$37.81/$10. 
as ususual we are around the $40 mark but with products I can actually use I am elated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment