Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 2014 Ipsy Unboxing - Pretty in paradise

What a relief to have some cosmetics to try out since the last glam bag! Phew! I have used up most of my Hang Ten sunscreen, and the moisturizer is wonderful. The brush works despot it's stiffness. But man I am so excited to try the liner and the BB cushion. 
My photogenic dog is also excited. 

Be a Bombshell
Lash Out Mascara
Full size retail: $15 9g
From what I heard, this smells like burnt plastic in a nail salon. It certainly smells weird. 

Since I do not generally have sensitive eyes, I tried it out. While this is absolutely the least clumpy mascara I have ever used, it does little for volume. 
Additionally the mascara feels drying, as it does dry quickly on the lashes. The formula definitely could have used improvement. I am completely on the fence with this one. It's okay visibly, but the smell and the worry that it is going to burn my eyes is ever present. Perhaps this should just go in the garbage. A wipe will be taken to these after five minutes; how could I go a day?

Marc Anthony
Dream Waves Beach Spray
Full size retail: $8.79 4.2 oz
1.52 oz
Adjusted: $3.18

This is a decent size. I have a hair spray travel sized, and it's great. I am excited to try this. 

Beach waves were always a hair style if have pined to rock. Perhaps before my hair was cut, I would have died from sheer excited. Instead my past the shoulders hair would have to do. 

My hair is straight. Very straight. Waves appear when my hair dries over my shoulders and that is it. 

Nicka K New York
Shimmer Eyeliner in Green
Full size retail: $4.99 .1 oz
Thankfully I received green. I already have a blue liner, so this is great. 

Nyx
Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée 
Full size retail: $5 8ml
The color is very pretty on, and it seriously smells like some sort of confectionary. It's sweet and not overpowing. As goes this name, this gloss is very smooth. It's not overly sticky either. Mostly it's comfortable and one that will be great to were when I am not around dust. 

Honestly, I think this color is just peachy enough that anyone could wear it. One swipe with the doe foot provides a sheer gloss, lightly tinted. Another coat gives color fairly close to the packaging.   

Laneige
BB Cushion in light, medium, and dark. 
Full size retail: $34 .5 oz
.21 oz (for 3 samples) 
Adjusted: $14.28

For kicks I used the dark puff on my face. It does feel soothing, and then a slight prickling. It's like I am wearing some sort if mint? It feels nice for sure. It smells nice and a little goes an incredibly long way.
 I covered half of my face with two presses. (What do I call it?)

The product also soaks into your skin quickly and does not transfer after it's finished. It borders on matte and dewy. As a bonus, this BB cream does a lovely job evening the skin and hiding a few blemishes. 

Now as nice of a product as this is, the so-called dark is not too far off from my face. It's far, but not on the actual end of the dark spectrum. 
See? It's totally orangey, but if you have any skin tone outside of a summer tan, bronze you  are SOL. 

Now I forgive the packaging of the sponge for its size; it's a sample. I would buy the full size. 
Total bag value: $42.45/$10

No comments:

Post a Comment