Friday, June 6, 2014

Sales

No hide, nor hair for a while eh?

Barring the details, we had a death in the family and it hit pretty hard as the finality to a generation. Among the other issues going around, let me just say I am breathing easier knowing how far I have progressed with my schooling. I even made contacts with a partner and the head funeral director/embalmer for a potential internship/job shadow. 

Also my other dilemma is to complete the  full year program in a year (as 19,18, and 18 credit hours per semester versus 10,7,11,8... So on) have to make that decision. 

Additionally the closing of May is the busiest time of year. Much work and sales. 

Enough about me though, let's get on to the makeup! Around Memorial weekend, BareMinerals and Urban Decay both offered flash sales. I had to take advantage of it! From. Bare Minerals I gleaned one of their 8.0 palettes that I have lusted for. It came in a set with a loose powder blush, flathead eyeshadow brush, and a full sized Mascara. Also some sample packets of Marvelous Moxie gloss and a lipstick I already own and love. In addition a sample of the Bare Skin serum. Already having 03 Bare Linen, I elected for 04 Bare Ivory. I am curious if it will match or mud, as I do not remember if we tested that one I shade matching. 01 Bare Porcelain matched very well though. 

Onto the September Issue. 
Regularly this bad boy is $40, when it was in stock. Likely the sale was to clear out some overstocked product. I am not offended. The receipt of my transaction gave this a $10 value. The other products had various under $5 values. 

About the shades, each is beautiful. My favorite is surprisingly Glitterati, as it's peachy with a soft baby pink reflection. It's very pigmented. 
This photo is not an exclusive set of swatches. It also includes my four other Urban Decay palettes. 

While each shade does lean towards buttery, the shimmer shades tend to give more color to skin. I found a few shades inching on the less than opaque after applying them to my arm. Regardless, the registered beautiful for the looks I sought out. I had to dump my camera to my computer so I can post a few looks I have done. 

My biggest excitement with the palette is that there is no fallout, and if there is it's negligible. Fallout never really bothers me, as I can clean it up easily before leaving the house. Not having to do that though is pretty awesome. 

With primer the colors will stay all day, and I tested yesterday that on hot days without primer it will crease. I am not sure when it started to crease, but at the end of a sweaty ten hour day it was creased. Greenhouse work man. 

The blush is lovely, and softens up a face nicely. The mascara went into my cache of samples that I've acquired. Finally the brush works great for the crease. It's big. 

I will save the UD haul for another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment