Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Used Samples.

OAgain, I have been lacking. Aside from starting my hoard of Bare Minerals products, I have not spent too much time testing new makeups for June. 

One attempt I have made is to use up my small cache of foil samples. One of them was Smashbox CC cream. Well. I took not pictures, but I can say with certainty I hated it. Despite my best attempts to blend with both my sponge and fingers the cream was orange marbling to my face. I like marble cake as much as the next bloke. I don't like to be Marble Cake Face. Perhaps Light/Medium was a poor color match, but it looks awful. 


Additionally my face felt greasy all day and even with setting powder the cream broke down rather quickly. I will be thrilled to never use it again. 

Another sample I had was a recent one from an Ulta order. It was a Cotz tinted sunscreen with SPF40 and toted the all natural label (you know what else is all natural? Cyanide..) 

Let me cover texture. It was a congealed mousse. It gracelessly glooped on  my face like dry slime. Chunky and slimy, it failed to even spread over my whole face. This also looked like pure góvno on my face. Ew. 

While those were colossal flops I did find something amazing in samples. 

Bliss MicroMagic. 
Its $48 for a full sized. 
Frig. 

It would be so worth it. 
Aloe, pumice, and happiness all into one invigorating scrub that makes toothpaste elves frolic. And mint colored unicorns. 

I will be on the hunt for dupes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment