Monday, May 19, 2014

May 2014 Ipsy Unboxing - Fresh Picks

Am I late with my post? Yes I am. You see, I received my bag on Friday. Tracking said it was at my house by 2pm. To my dismay, we did not close up shop until 7:30pm (half hour over actual close time). Then my friend showed me some of the miracles of couponing.

ie; $75 pair of shoes for $3.60. And a butt ton of carrots and Miracle Whip for free. Basically I can eat as many tuna fish sandwiches as I want. Wow.

Anyways I finally got home around 10, and feeling progressively sicker since the morning I had a fever.
A little digression from Ipsy for a moment. For about a decade of my life, when I would get sick it was in May and one of the latter three months of the year. It was like clockwork. So being sick in May was nothing abnormal, if I hadn't already had two previous sicks this year. Since moving into my apartment I am sick every other month. Bad ventilation? Who knows. Hopefully we zip on out soon.

Well onto the Ipsy.
My spoils. Not too exciting eh? I'm not incredibly disappointed, in fact I am not disappointed at all. I am just not excited.

Let's start then with the Pacifica Shadow. I have not yet used it on my eyes. Overall though, this may be the least of all the products.

I tried to do both finger and arm swatch. My knee absorbed all light.

Let's talk about the colors first. Moonbeam (the purple) is a lovely soft purple, and I could see myself using it if I could see it. Unicorn on the otherhand, while somewhat chalky thrills me based on the name. It's kind of beautiful and shows up decently. As you can see in the above photo, a swipe on my fingers yielded quite fair for the Unicorn.
Two finger swipes without primer
Now as you can see, Moonbeam does stick closer to the skin. It is very faded compared to the pan. I'll just stick with UD's Grifter. Aaand that Unicorn looks like a powdery mess. So no, I am doing what I hate and just providing an arm swatch without an eyeball look (maybe that will be rectified when I shower)...but the frip am I going to do with these?

Insult to injury look at that chinsy case? It struggles to open and then pop! The lid detaches. It doesn't even pop off though, it just...off.
Dunno guys. This might actually go to trash land unless I feel bothered to work with it.

That Hey Honey! Mask makes a face shiny while it's on. It certainly feels nice, but not nice like those cucumber masks. My cheeks felt nice and smooth afterwards, but the areas that needed exfoliation like my bumpy forehead after a few days of sick laziness (translated to no shower. hi.). Still bumpy.

What did I expect? I don't even know.

The face moisturizer is really nice though. It's light and applies very easily without a lot of product. That one I am very satisfied with. It's a moisturizer and moisturizes. Good job little tube.

Sunscreen I have not yet used but I am sure it will block out UV rays like a champ. My shoulders and neck will love it. Words are not exactly bubbling from inside of me for a lot of my yield.

Finally I was pumped to get the brush. Is it a good one? I have no fekking idea. The lack of hygeine has also prevented me from trying it, but I am sure it will do brush things. Likely it's better than what I have so that's good. I was in the market anyways.

So this Ipsy bag was not amazing by any stretch. Still ll of the products (save for one) are incredibly useful for summer. Additionally, I do not need a constant supply of makeup. The mask was a good touch and so was the moisturizer. I am satisfied, and will be a subscriber for another billion years if the bags repeat March and April.

On a completely unrelated note... totally rad about that Titanosaur. 65 tons? Wow size. Just today I was watching this really awesome British program called Primeval, and Andrew and I assumed one creature was a T-Rex. Segue into small discussion about the largest dinosaurs, and the one of the program was actually a Gigantosaur. Cool, never heard of that.
Spinosaurus talk and then a quick look into social media and just this week they discovered an even larger predator? What perfect timing!

If you are interested in a truly interesting show, give Primeval a go. We have really enjoyed it so far because dinosaurs and and anomalies.

No comments:

Post a Comment