Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ipsy Impressions - Beauty Rocks April 2014

Ah yes! Ipsy time! This will be my second Glam Bag and I am excited to be joined on this one. One of my pals and a sister signed up, but sadly my sister is still waitlisted despite a facebook share. Too bad, because frand and I have been talking about previews all week while she had to listen to them.

Anyways I firstly excited for five items. The three full size and one sample was very satisfying, but five items is always nicer! More things to try!

In each group of previews, I had a tough time deciding what I wanted to hope for.
  1. In group 1, of course I hoped to get eyeliner (like everyone was getting I assume?)
  2. Group 2 lip products. Having just bought my bare minerals marvelous moxie trio, I kind of had less enthusiasm about this. I have a champagne balm, a medicated peach balm, and a pink and nude lipstick. Another lip color seems extraneous to me. All the same, I would love to try the Cailyn, which I got! Reviews told me it functioned much like a stain, and works best if used with some kind of balm. At least its different than what I already have. Maybe it will be my new best friend. I just hope what I get is the pictured Apple Pink and not Acid Pink. While "Acid" is a nice edgy descriptor, I do not want plastic Barbie Volkswagen.
  3. Next group some shadows and a nail polish. This polish I really like. The sequin thingers look to be a great size and the blue is a beautiful shade. I wanted that, but alas. Out of the two shadows I was most interested in the City Color mousse guy. I read it works well as a primer and highlight? The other one seemed rather boring. And psssh. I have my Naked Basics palette. I don't really need this.
  4. So we had a cheek stain, primer (with acne treatment eh?), microdermabrasion lotion thing, and gradual tan thing. I wanted the Lollitint or the microderm. I am so satisfied with getting the Lollitint! I cannot wait to try it, and it's orchid? Boy that's fresh. Intimidating color, much like Super Elfin Blue Pearl. 
  5. I wasn't going to win on this one. Frigging lashes? Man. I mean I can keep them around to use on a cosplay I might do once a year. No interest in the perfume because Paris Hilton has got me covered. Brush would have been cool. The hair product was a total no. Ah well. Win some lose. This item will still see some use.
Now, if you like me want to recieve well over $10 worth of product for $10 you are welcome to use my referral link. It is this.

No comments:

Post a Comment