Monday, April 14, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Unboxing

Outside of the iconic pink envelope.
Alright. I spent a lovely day in school learning about gastrointestinal bacterial upset and parasites. As amazing as that is to learn, I was pretty excited to get that pink bubble envelope from the mail box. 8:00pm when I pulled into the spot, the envelope waited for me just a key-unlocking away.
Inside and bam. Good to go. 
Dumped Out
Nightshade wanted in the picture.



Cailyn

Tinted Lip Balm in Acid Pink

Full Size Retail: $19
This is a full size product.
Acid Pink and Lashes.
I like how their website shows a bunch of photoshopped images of peoples lips. Shimmer shades look the worst. Like a floating pair of lips dipped itself in red corn syrup and then kissed some thick craft glitter. That is more of an issue with the whole beauty industry using photoshopped images to sell products to enhance a person's looks in real life, as opposed to on a computer.

All of that rant being said I pulled out Acid Pink from my bag. Ugh. Heart sank. It's like...barbie Volkswagen. But I'm open minded. On my beauty quiz, I did mark that I am willing to try things.
On, it's moar laik volkSWAGen amirite?? Get it? Ah.
I left the bathroom with it on gave a nice old smile to Ahndoo and his eyes got wide.
"Is that a good eyes wide or bad eyes wide?" World filled with relief it was good. I swear I have never wore anything like this or would have considered it, but I don't think it looks bad. It's fresh and pretty fun. I hate beaches and summer culture, but I can see this in the summer.
Wearing UD Naked Basics, Cailyn Acid Pink,  andChella Indigo.

Now the less rosy. It's dry as all get out. Why they market it as moisturizing I don't know. Easy solution to just throw some of my trusty BeeBalm (that's my brand. of boring burts bee knock off. that I made.) Moist and I am test transfer with my sippy cup. It seems fine.

My only other qualm to an otherwise fabulous product is that applying it is incredibly tedious. Practicality does not factor, as this is something I doubt I would store in my purse to quick apply. Painting my entire lips with this took longer than it should. Perhaps practice would aid?

Benefit

Lollitint Blush

Full Size Retail: $30
Weight: 12.5 ml/ 0.42 US fl. oz.
This is a deluxe sample. Adjusted price to $5
Weight: 2.5 ml / 0.08 US fl. oz. 

Tiny Lollitint. Very tiny, but I bet lasting.
Now this little guy, I am dying over. As stated in the impressions post this was something I had wanted for it's freshness. Blushing routine has been Wet n Wild "Mellow Wine" since I started to use blush two weeks ago, but that blush is from 2010 when I bought it for a dance. (We needed to dress like dolls, so I figured blush is a good makeup. Little did I know I bought a great cheap product..) It's great but it doesn't wear forever and over the BB Cream I've been sporting, it makes me uneven matte and dewey.

This Lollitint is dewey without looking drippy. It does not look purple on my skin, and in face makes me look healthy. Vibrant and glowy or something. The intructions on the cardboard suggested dabbing it on your face and then smudging out (I would hope one cheek at a time). I did not do this. My blush brush aided me. With the applicator I swiped it over my brush and then stippled by my apples/cheek bone and then buffed it out once the brush gave all it had. That gave a natural color.

Urban Decay

UD Black Velvet and Mousse pot.

24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil

Full Size Retail: $20
This is a travel size. Adjusted price to $10
 Of course I'm satisfied with this. We have to test it's wear over my hooded lids, but on my hand two coats gave it a nice black. It also does not smudge away very much. That gives me hope for it's
wearability.

City Color

White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse

Full Size Retail: $4
This is a full size product. 
Very interesting texture. If I were to say butter, I would mean it's like margarine. I have only swatched on my hand so far, and it's lovely. Smudging it doesn't take the bulk of it's color away. This will also require a test that isn't 9:30 at night.

Kiss

Looks so Natural Lashes in Pretty

Full Size Retail: $4
This is a full size product.

Okay. I want to say this is the dud of the bunch, but I will use it I'm sure. That aforementioned dance where we dressed as dolls, I also used some fake lashes. Using the lashes may or may not be for a costume of sorts. But I am not going to open them now. I'm glad I got one of the more natural one. These look like uncanny valley perfect ones, but it's not like... separate chunks. 

Swatches!

Labelled for your convenience. The White Gold shadow is heavy and then blended out. Same with the Cailyn Lip Balm. As with a blop of the Lollitint and then blended out with my finger.
Overall I don't know what Ipsy thinks of when they think Rocker. Alanna Myles Black Velvet I guess. Maybe Cyndi Lauper sans the clothespin idfk hair. Our definitions are different though, and that is not necessarily cause to be disappointed. Whether you love or hate her, I would have lined the "Rocker" ideology with Kat Von D as far as makeup look. I dig her look and lack of actual shirts.
BUT MOSTLY.
COLUMBUS, OH - MAY 19: Korey Cooper of Skillet performs during 2013 Rock On The Range at Columbus Crew Stadium on May 19, 2013 in Columbus, Ohio. (Photo by Scott Legato/Getty Images)

$42/10

Webcam.
Best picture I could get of the blush.














What are my favorites? Likely the Lollitint. I need to run more tests with it but I really consider buying a different shade if I like this one so much. And the Cailyn Acid Pink. It's just cool. It truly holds true to the idea of a sampling service: I would have never in a million years bought this on my own, but I am glad I have it.

I can be a rocker with my items for sure. If you want to try a good chunk of stuff worth well over $10 for $10, you are welcome to use my referral code here.

No comments:

Post a Comment