Friday, April 4, 2014

ULTA-mately

On the way home from work, my wonderful husband obliged my pal and I to go to JoAnn's to grab some 2oz Sculpey III packets for $1.24. He also took it like a trooper when we asked to stop by a plaza across the street that housed an Ulta.

Well. My experience heretofore with Ulta was during December maybe. Andrew and I were with his sister and she wanted to grab some EOS guys from there. This was after we left Hobby Lobby, which is in a shared strip. Upon entry I was drooling. Makeup aisles in my world are literally just that.
Generously, I have provided a beautiful layout for you to see how Meijer has the main makeup section laid out.
As you can see, there is a bit going on in that second aisle from the right. Its mostly tools and manicure stuff and then like condoms. I'm five and can't handle that part of the aisle. I avoid it at all costs. Then on the other wall we have a grouping of makeup pouches and the like, going into a big section of nail polish. We have Studio M, China Glaze, OPI, Sally Hansen, Sinful Color (am I making that up, or is it a real brand?) Essie, and probably more. I only look at the top row because I only want to spend $3. Following there is some NYX, Wet and Wild, Black Radience, Some other stuff.

The main aisle holds the brands almost everyone has heard of. Almay, Physicians Formula, Rimmel, Covergirl, Revlon, LoReal, Maybelline...some other stuff.

Then we have shampoo. Good old shampoo and body wash and like. hair brushes.

Thats my exposure.

I've been in a mall store a few times, in a mall roughly an hour away from myself, called the Body Shop. I've purchased a beauty goldish eye shadow pot. I loved it and used it until I lost it (but it was like a year or two I had it. It was probably a blessing I lost it, because bacteria.) Next I had a beautiful matte black. It was like butter for eyelids. Whipped butter color. Like Fleishmans pretend butter that I like for toast. I lost it eventually. I'm pretty sure I bought a brush set that was tiny for travel (this I think. I bet it was this) . Lost that also. Hih Skool ≠ Responsible. This store though, was in a mall. it was in that normal mall cubical size they give to smaller stores.

Ulta though. Mother effing that was a makeup store. With just makeup and other beautification things. WOWE.

How does Ulta compare to this illustrious Sephora I keep hearing about? I have no frigging clue. Maybe it's a cheaper store? Just comparing Bare Minerals products, it's the same on both websites across the BM website. No clue. 

All of this being said, I bought some Ulta products because cheap. Boy. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't my yeild. Upcoming review on my products in a smudge. Have to will myself to utilize them.

No comments:

Post a Comment