Monday, March 10, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Unboxing

Okie doke, I'll take the lot.
Like I had stated in my preview impressions post, I would willingly take any of the products released.

Last night, as I was waiting for the glam rooms to open (which would have been a 4AM in my EST zone, so needless to say I just went to sleep) I was lamenting on what I might recieve and it became very clear what I was excited for. There were some definite wants and things I was wishing I wouldn't get for my first glam bag.

this post will be updated when I actually receive the bag in the mail. 

[ETA: March 11] perhaps this will aide other folks waiting on their bag in Michigan, but I finally got the tracking email. It's in Kentucky. Bleghghh.
[ETA: March 13] Bag came in around 2PM EST. I didn't open it yet, I was spending time with my sister. 
[ETA: March 14] Wore everything for a day at work. I work in a greenhouse. It's 30˚ƒ outside, 85˚ inside.
On a cardboard box at work, for your viewing pleasure. Best available lighting too.


Bare Minerals

Marvelous Moxie™ Lipstick in Get Ready

Full size retail: $18
Near as I can calculate, this looks to be a little less than halvsies size. So let's change that value to about $7.95

Either way, I like the size of the stick. I have the tendency to keep all of my makeup in my purse (also previously stated, I have little). This little guy will really help avoid what happened to my Miche bag.

Super Elfin Coral.
This was one of the items I was ultra-focused on last night. I wanted the gloss. Swatches I saw of it were just lovely, and not too glittery. It's overall a nice pink. I was a little disappointed to see the lipstick, becuase I already have Revlon's Blackberry. It's sort of vampy red, and was thinking of the lipstick as too close. Erroneous fear of course, Get Ready is not vampy in any way. BareMinerals describes it as a "Warm Rosy Pink". Well. I'll take that too.

Get Ready reminds me of one of the flowers we grow at the greenhouse. Like an impatien maybe Super Elfin Coral.

 It's not shimmery, thank the Lord, but it has somewhat of a petal look. It's not nude like I've been wanting so bad for a few years, but a color I would wear. It's not nearly as intimidating when the pigment isn't staring right at you in the tube.

This I applied throughout the day, and giggled over the size of the tube. If I dab it on, it's my lips only better. If I applied it with two or so coats, it was a Super Elfin Rose (again, impatien comparison. I speak in flower). It still looked lovely.  This is something I would purchase I think, but maybe a different color.

NYX

Love in Rio Eye Shadow in Bikini Bottom

Full Size Retail: $6
This is was a fufilled wish. While Bombshell's Bora Bora quad was cute, the colors were not totally suited to what I wanted at the moment. You see, I have a green trio for my green-hazel eyes. A purple trio, and a reddish trio. I have no brown for the days I just want a 'colorless' - if you will - look. I've been using my eyebrow palette to achieve that look, and it's been lackluster. Satisfaction had.

As far as usage goes, that sponge applicater is useless. I had trouble getting any color on my eyes from it. Eventually I resorted to using one of my own brushes, which yielded far more favorable results. This one was somewhat a pinkish brown? Warm brown? I don't know.
But the lightest shade made a great brow highlight. The other two went well with the blue liner, and I applied the darkest shade at the crease. Had I not been doing this in the car, I'm sure it would have been nicer.

I would probably purchase from NYX again, if I had some brighter colors to test. Test swatches at the store are very pigmented.

Chella

Indigo Blue Eyeliner

Full Size Retail: $24

Another satisfied customer. Out of the three choices, I wanted the nail polish the least. While I am desperate for nail polish, I'm relieve not to have a gritty one, albeit in a cute color. My best frand has some chocolately eyes, and whenever she put blue eyeshadow on them - I mean Superman's blue - they made her whole face pop. I'm excited to pair this with the brown palette, and deviated a little from the usual black.

I think this is full size too? I have never spent more than $10 on one makeup object, let alone $24. Dang son. I'm excited to try this.

I was surprised by the felt tip. I had one like it a few years back, but it got gunky quick, and I lost it. A more expensive brand hopefully lasts longer. Overall, even though I had no idea how to handle the pen and it went on sloppy, I felt it was great quality. It did not smudge and stayed on my eyes all day. Going to work with application, because I am very satisfied. 

Pixi Beauty

Mini Flawless Beauty Primer

Full Size Retail: $9
This is a .4oz (roughly 12 ml.) I believe it's full size deluxe sample or something.

Aside from the under eye treatment, this is also the one I wanted the most in that grouping. I have been meaning to try a good primer. I am tired of not having eyeshadow on my eyes after an hour. Hooded lids do not help either. I realize this is a foundation primer, but I will likely fudge my usage for eyeshadow. I don't use foundation, just concealer under my eyes on occasion. We can try that too.

This quickly became the item I was least excited about. I don't like the "youthful glow" it gives, because it's a translucent sparkle and I have bad lighting in my bathroom. I felt odd putting it on. All the same, where I used it, I could recognize exactly where I applied my eyeshadow hours later. It did it's job. I don't know if I would purchase it again, but it was not a bad product in anyway.

Total Retail of Contents

$46.95/10 
370% additional value. 

My look. 

Badly aimed sunlight ruined shot. Point of this is to show that this was 5:30 PM. I put on this makeup (sans the lipstick) on at 8:30AM while I rode in the car. Eyeliner is where I put it (yep. I put it on that badly) And the eyeshadow is where I put it.
My eyemakeup is not in my suborbicularis oculi. Win. The lipstick after some car application, while riding home.


If you wish to subscribe to Ipsy, it's $10 monthly for 4-5 beauty items, you are welcome to use my referral link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment