Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Face of the Other Day.

Saturday I had some decent lighting photos. The express purpose of this blog is to track how my makeup performs for me. It's handy to know which products worked for which looks. 
I am at my parents house. They left me a plate of lovely food so I could hang out with them and my nephew when they got home. 
Trying out the Ulta Minerals loose foundation. This particular day was just over 100 in the greenhouse, so my foundation strangely itched on my forehead. Once we hit a cool part it stopped. But it got warm and I had a slight sweat - scratchy again. Never experienced that with Bare Minerals, but the Ulta dupe does have amazing coverage and the next two days I did not have any problems. The shade is Medium 01, but really I could switch to one of the fair shades. While they are $5, I definitely want to snag another. Maybe Fair 05. 


Another new product was the Too Faced Candy Bar my friend picked up for me at Nordstrum Rack near DC. The blush is amazing, but the bronzer is incredibly light. It is barely noticeable, but perhaps over lighter foundation. 
This palette also has gorgeous, creamy, matte browns. Their placement is weird, but I used all three shades of neutral brown. 

One thing I love about this palette is that it is literally everything. You can do basic contouring and your eyes in some great colors. It's beautifully pigmented, and I really only found one shade with less vigor. If this leaves my purse, I will be surprised. 

Longevity was an issue though  the blush faded throughout the day, and the eyeshadow did lighten a little. It's nothing a quick once touch up after work couldn't solve. Also, why the flick is that blush pot so small?!?  

Brows were the usual IT Cosmetics Brow Power in Universal Taupe. Love this bugger. 

I paired both liquid UD Perversion liner and the lovely mascara for another attempt of a wing. It's getting better. And likely, my pictures are not showing it but I have NYX Chunky Dunk hydrating lippie in Orange Splash. It's totally sheer, but a gorgeous poppy. Also, I found it in Ulta's clearance for $0.97! Can't beat it!

Thanks Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment