Friday, July 18, 2014

More dumb things people say

I know I've mentioned it before, but sometimes I store things people say. Mostly tidbits from my nephew, but every now and then something stupid pops up. 

Girl on Facebook feed posts a crappy video - mostly a butt shot - of friends wiggling to an XBox Kinect dancing game. Fine and well. 
She captions with 
"Who knew getting an xbox could be so entertaining."
Not something along the lines of "wow, we sure are having fun; watching this dancing game is almost as much fun as playing; I am thrilled I purchased an xbox! New levels of entertainment have opened up to me!"
But some dumb who would have guessed these old things were actually fun. 

Who knew. 

Well Skipper, I would have never guessed an entertainment box would be entertaining. I thought dropping four big ones on a gaming system would be droll. Phew, I am relieved. 

Fricking seriously. Entertainment system being a surprise that it's fun? Are you moronic to be surprised when it's cold outside during freezing temperatures? Come on..

This strikes me in the same vein as those "awkward moment when" posts that have mostly lost the first two words. 

Dumb Person: "...when your brother sneezes and has to grab a tissue. When you forget the words to a song in the car. When your back itches and you have to itch it. "

Some of them are not awkward at all. They are just vaguely relatable, or they are just outbursts for attention. Much of Facebook statuses are. Realizing that no one particularly cares about the readers digest of that days itinerary, has drastically reduced usage of my Facebook. Within a year I went from weekly statuses, to monthly, and now it's been months. 

Facebook is a great tool. It's also greatly abused and idiotic. 

This is a whole rant that I have seen covered by more eloquent folk than myself. This I will leave be for now. 

Ending with something I think we all can appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment