Friday, July 18, 2014

Mint Chocolate Chip Mani

Firstly, let's have an irritation... My ipsy bag is taking it's sweet time. My friend already got hers and likely my sister did as well near the top of the week. Past trends brought the bag to me between the 12th and the 15th. It is likely the bag was lost for a week, as my tracking only now showed movement. Fearfully, I hope they do not send something different than the glam room. I have see a few complaints of that, as with numerous people shouting the same thing I am on tardiness. 

Enough of that. 
Let's talk about mint nail polish. Ulta's current sale had me snag their nail lacquer color in Mint Condition as well as their base coat. 
Previously I have used Wet n' Wild's base coat and found that it makes my polish peel off in a matter of two days. Or one, depends on whether it's drugstore or something like OPI or Essie. The latter give me an extra day. 

Painting nails is a huge frustration. My attempts at nail art take upwards of a half hour to dry, and leave me incapacitated. For that to literally fall off is disheartening. 

Monday I got my varnish on, using base coat from ulta and it's Friday. I've had two days off. I've furiously weeded in a greenhouse. I've cleaned geraniums. I even clipped my nails (had to buy a new clipper, as mine has been missing a good two weeks to long) These actions should have left my nails tarnished. 

So far so good. 

Let me discuss this particular manicure. 
Wet n Wild Black Creme polish in a thin single coat. Not opaque, but doable. Ulta's Mint Condition in a thin coat on the ring finger. Sheer, but also passable. Then Sally Hansen Copa-banana sequin over the thumb and ring. That stuff. 

It appears decent on this hand, but after four hours it's tacky texture managed to finally slide off with my black nail polish on the right hand. 

Another sister (than the previously mentioned) gave an exclamation over the Ulta mint in my purse. Guess what I bought at Ulta for an upcoming birthday. 

I am a PinchMe member. I've received one Sinful Colors polish from them in Anenome. It's beautiful hot coral, but it requires patience and layering. As with the color I bought on my own, Unicorn. It's a pale yellow that requires more patience and three layers. 

PinchMe was mentioned because yesterday I received a box with the Skinnygirl "nutrition" bar I had available to sample late last month. But a random other Sinful Colors polish was in there. That I knew nothing about. 
The shade is Open Seas and I kid not, it is a one hundo percent match for Ulta's Mint Condition. 


I threw that on top of middle and index fingers and just laughed. I already bought my sister that color and myself that color and wow. 
It's beautiful at least, if you can be patient for it to dry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment