Thursday, July 24, 2014

Grabby Hands


No matter how hard I try, I always seem to use my alloted spending money on frigging cosmetics. Mere six months ago, I was using old mascara and eyeshadow without primer. My liner always traveled to where I would have a darker set of eye bags than I really do. Breakouts would have to be suffered through, with pock marks in their wake. Then came this revolution. This revelation.

My first Prestige product came in the form of a lipstick, via Ipsy. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie smelled so good and rolled on my lips so smooth, that I was hooked instantly. Then came the Urban Decay eyeliner and the Urban Decay palettes. The Ulta. Oh my gosh how fun this world of makeup is!

That being said, I use a lot of Bare Minerals products in my every day, but I have a lot of drugstore level brands. With the prospect of 20% off everything at Ulta, my brain sort of melts. What could I get that will stretch the dollar more. Without just grabbing everything, I made a list. It's somewhat my limitations, as these are products I have been curious about and would not break the bank. Would I buy all this in one shot? Nope, but this will serve as reference.

Bare Minerals Ready 2.0 Eyeshadow in Guilty Pleasures $20

My experience with the 2.0's has been favorable. Beautiful pigments, and really great portability. Peach colors have been trending or something, so naturally I want peach eyeshadow too. Swatches of this one look gorgeous and this would make a great addition to my charcoal/silver duo and my neutral.

Lipstick Queen  in Hello Sailor $25

I swatched this on my hand and was not impressed for about thirty seconds. It feels so amazing on my hand that I want it on my lips now. Apparently it layers to a very light sapphire to turn your lips a slight berry. Also, it should make a good tint to any shade.

Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray $30

Having heard nothing but rave reviews on UD's setting sprays, I of course would love one. Price tag on the travel sprays seem much nicer, but honestly anything with chill or cooling is instant wantable for me. Liiiike this next thing!

Bliss Micro Magic $48

This is mostly on the list as a taunt. Ulta send this with their samples, and oh my goodness... I cannot describe how much I gushed every time I used my foil packet. Carefully I paperclipped the packet and managed to squeak out 7 uses. And immediately I wanted more. It exfoliated so perfectly, leaving me smooth faced. Additionally the aloe coooooled so nicely and felt relaxing. Love! That frigging price tag though..ew.

Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Angelic Nude $16

Much nicer price on this, as compared to everything else. Any lip product with Butter in the name, I want it. If NYX had good lip butter, then Tarte's must be amazing. Swatches I have seen of this product are so appealing, and it's unique to my collection of mauves and nudes.

Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner $24

I did play with the tester in Ulta. Twice. It left me disappointing the second time, because I think it was empty. Truly this seems like a terrible product to price ratio, but it seems so easy. I enjoyed the successful swatch I got.

And those are my wants. Now if only I was actually sent this mythical 20% off coupon, ha. So if I had to choose two? It would be a tossup between the lip products and the eye products. So that's four.

No comments:

Post a Comment